To get started
- Go to the Goodreads website
- Click "get started"
- Enter your name, email address and desired password
- You'll be promoted to enter your email password, this is so Goodreads can check your address book and connect you with people. You can skip this step if you choose. More and more social networking sites are providing this option to help you locate people you know.
- If you enter your email password, Goodreads will provide you a list of friends who have accounts and you can check which ones you want to be "friends" with.
- It will also give you the option of sending an invitation to friends who don't have an account.
- Start adding books!
- There are 2 default "shelves" sort of like tags or subjects they are "to-read" and "currently reading" You can create your own "shelves" books can belong to more than one shelf.
Some fun things
- You can import lists from your Amazon wishlist or any site you can export your book list from such as LibraryThing.
- You can create a widget to put Goodreads on your Myspace page
- You can add a Facebook application to add Goodreads to your Facebook page
- You can create a widget for your blog.